By Sunday Ade Ojo
People say the Federal Republic of Nigeria (some idiots have tried unsuccessfully to change the secular status of the country to islamic), the de facto and de jure giant of Africa, is a scam. Truism! There is sense in what they say.
Every citizen of the uniquely unique and beloved Nigeria is seen/viewed as a criminal/scammer all over the world. The iconic green-white-green colour is frowned at everywhere across the globe. Indeed, it is not the best of times to be a Nigerian. He who feels it knows the impact. Those at home may not really comprehend the gravity but those abroad or in the Diaspora will know much better.
There are criminals/scammers everywhere in this sinful world. Even in the Vatican, Italy, the Pope's home and Mecca, Saudi Arabia, there are criminals or fraudsters. Also in heaven, some unscrupulous elements may be found. The entire planet Earth is crazy right now.
A couple of days ago, an unknown hacker (undoubtedly Nigerian) did hack into the Facebook account of a known friend on the platform, seeking/soliciting for help. How are you? Please send some money to Nigeria for me and I will pay you back... Scammers are on the rampage on social media.
They are very good at what they do and have templates. Are they really clever? Not exactly! They are simply dishonest and foolishly foolish. Some gullible or innocent people do fall into their trap. It is incredibly curious how people won't take such a scam with a large shaker of salt. There are other ways of scamming/duping people on social media which is a scam too.
The result of the February presidential election in Nigeria remains disputed. Politicians and their blind supporters/sympathisers in the country are generally dishonest. They are scammers/thieves! Reports have it that the votes for the declared winner of the sham election were inflated while the opposition's significantly reduced. How original!
No election process is perfect in Africa or elsewhere. Rigging/manipulation is part of Nigerian democracy as well as corruption. The nation, now hijacked by Boko Haram or militants and corrupt/evil politicians, has no history of credible/transparent elections. Incumbents or ruling parties hardly lose elections in Africa. They know how to rope or nail any popular opposition with a trumped-up rape case/charge. Senegal is a case in point!
The political situation in Nigeria, a country who should be a shining example in Africa, is seriously serious. Accountability/transparency is NOT expected from someone rigged into power. Nothing good can come from cheating. Honestly honest and hardworking Nigerians, both at home and abroad, are concerned and pained. The country deserves better.
Turkey in Europe, had a presidential election last week, not without controversies though. The incumbent or ruling party slightly fell short of the 50+% threshold with 49.3% while the opposition did get below 45%. A run-off between the two candidates will take place before the end of the month as enshrined in the Constitution. Sympathy for the opposition leader, K K and good luck to him. Soft-spoken and easy-going man. Notoriously not a fan of the incumbent, R E. Very arrogant Islamist.
Sometimes elections do go into run-offs in some countries but NOT in Nigeria. How come there is seemingly no run-off in Nigerian Constitution? In a democratic society, any elected leader MUST get at least half of the total votes cast. That is the honourable thing. Any other thing is abnormal and dishonest. Again, there is no democracy in Nigeria.
The political arrangement in the nation with very generous people is a scam. Hence the country is a scam! The military that should step in and remedy the dire situation has been bought over by the evil politicians and has become a scam as well. Nigeria is a laughing stock... Nothing works fine/well in the country. No wonder, a civilian can slap a policeman in uniform at will or with impunity.
Every dishonest politician in Nigeria including the tall-for-nothing guy in power deserves a dirty SLAP. They are hypocrites/idiots! Some of the Iranian drones meant for Russia should be sent to Nigeria for use on them. History and posterity will definitely not forgive every satanic politician or criminal/fraudster dragging the name of the country in the mud. Absolutely nothing, except change, is permanent... God save NIGERIA! The story continues... Peace as always!
- VENO NEWS: The Nigerian Fashion Industry Is Doing Amazingly Well -- Adesola Esther Oyebode, CEO, Dessy Clothing Declares
- VENO NEWS:*Femi Gbajabiamila's Appointment; Reward For Competence, Commitment and Loyalty.*
- VENO NEWS:Upcoming Raw Talent, Emeka Davies Rates Wizkid High.... Set to drop new single tomorrow may 31 st
- VENO NEWS: CJPAN Felicitates With Gov.Sanwo-Olu,His Deputy, Hamzat As They Are Sworn in For Second Term
- VENO NEWS: CJPAN Congratulates Tinubu, Shettima Urges New President And His Vice To Remain Focused
- VENO NEWS: LAGOS GOVT, FIRST BANK PARTNER TO BOOST HEALTHCARE DELIVERY IN IJE-ODODO COMMUNITY …Over 10,000 residents to benefit from new primary healthcare centre
- VENO NEWS:I used the pastor for rítual after he came seeking for spíritual powers – Herbalist confesses
- VENO NEWS: OPINION: THE HORRIBLE CONDITION OF ABULE EGBA ROADS: I WEEP FOR NIGERIA BY F.E BAMIDURO
- VENO NEWS: OPINION:THE GOOD IN GOODBYE
- VENO NEWS: OPINION:THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA IS A SCAM
- VENO NEWS:Seun Kuti: Okotie Pleads With Police IG For Mercy
- VENO NEWS:Lagos CP Visits Okada Man Brutalised By Police Officers In Viral Video
- VENO NEWS: How NFF Is Utilizing Divine Instructions To Strengthen Nigeria’s Football
- VENO NEWS: Assault: I’ll Cooperate With Police, Says Seun Kuti As IG Orders His Arrest
- VENO NEWS:’My Prophecy On Tinubu, APC Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands’’ – Primate Ayodele Clears The Air
- VENO tv: Meet Barrister Esther Esther Chukwuemeka, the youngest Lawyer in Nigeria.
- VENO NEWS:Born By Mistake(BBM); I Killed My Mother, Slept With Her Corpse For 2 Nights Before Taking Out Her Vagina For Ritual- Yahoo Boy Confesses
- VENO NEWS: Prof Anionwu, The Igbo Woman At The Center Of King Charles Coronation
- VENO NEWS: 10th Speakership: Gandi Believes In Humanity, Unveils The Gagdi Plan Who is Hon. Yusuf Adamu Gagdi?
- VENO NEWS:LOOKING BACK, THERE WERE SEVERAL STRATEGIC ERRORS THAT PUT EKWEREMADU IN TROUBLE
Page 1 of 24 [Next] [Last Page]