Former Presidential candidate, Rev Chris Okotie,has urged the Inspector General of Police,Alkali Baba, to show mercy upon Afrobeat star,Seun Kuti over his case with the Police.
The outspoken musician is in detention for slapping a Police man during an encounter in traffic recently. The matter has raised an uproar across the country.
In a press statement issued in Lagos yesterday, and signed by his media adviser, Ladi Ayodeji, Rev Okotie made a case for amnesty for the embattled music star.
Below is the full statement:
"I would like to urge the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) to demonstrate a paternal clemency towards Seun Kuti in his transgression against an authorised myrmidon of the law. "Anti-establishment is not acceptable under any guise, however, a humane superintendence is a mark of a great leadership.
"The youth have been under tremendous pressure to establish a new Nigerian social order and Seun’s abrasive conduct is a tangent from that trajectory.
"I plead earnestly with the IGP to temper justice with mercy and exculpate Seun of all charges. Femi and Seun Kuti are artistic souvenirs bestowed upon us by the legendary Fela Anikulapo-Kuti and we truly appreciate the creative artistry demonstrated in their musical genre.
"Please find sufficient grace in your heart to anesthesize the gravity of this provocation.
"May the blessing of the God of heaven be vouchsafed to you in the plenitude of His Grace."
Okotie's message came in the wake of the court's extension of Seun's detention by four days.
- VENO tv: Own a Smartphone Today,Pay monthly,? Visit Keza Africa's Place
- VENO NEWS: Remilekun’s Death: NIDCOM Boss Petition EgyptAir for Justice
- VENO NEWS: BARR: AYOOLA ABULOYE (PHD): A TOAST TO AN AMAZON, PILLAR ON HER
- VENO NEWS: Oba Day Celebration: Adeleye Congratulates Oloba of Oba, Oba Adegoroye, Others
- VENO NEWS: Untold Story Of Akogun Dele Joshua's JOLAC Suites Branch In Ado Ekiti
- VENO NEWS:Apelogun Congratulates Tinubu, Says Okada Remains Cheapest Means Of Commuting After Subsidy Removal
- VENO NEWS: Tribunal's Judgement: I Am No Stranger To Legal Battles-- Atiku Blows Hot
- VENO NEWS:PEPT: ‘’Don’t Expect Too Much, Peter Obi Can’t Get Victory’’ - Primate Ayodele Tells Nigerians
- VENO NEWS:TINUBU FLOORS PETER OBI, ATIKU AGAIN* --- Presidential Election Petition Court Throws Out Obi and Atiku's Petitions. --- Peter Obi Rejects verdict, Approaches Supreme Court
- VENO NEWS:UK-Based Sensational Gospel Star, Akin Manchy Drops New Single, "Emi Mopewa'"
- VENO NEWS:Tolling of Federal Highways Across the Country Will Start Soon- Minister Of Works, Dave Umahi.
- VENO NEWS:CJPAN holds its annual CSR Project As Nollywood Diva Foluke Daramola-Salako, Popular Fuji Musician, Sulaimon Adio Atawewe Join Celebrity Publishers To Clean Lagos. • Entertainers Say "We're Happy To Be Ambassadors To This Laudable Project"
- VENO NEWS: Alleged $5b Diezani's Money Laundering: Former Accountant -General Linked
- VENO NEWS: BEWARE! TRACE AREA COMMANDER, AJIBADE WARNS AGAINST VIOLATING TRAFFIC RULES, FINES #91,000
- VENO NEWS:Primate Ayodele Celebrates Sultan Of Sokoto On 67th Birthday
- Suspected Ass@ssins Storm Edo Church, Sh00t Pastor And k!lled His Wife.
- VENO tv:*CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN TRADITIONAL INSTITUTION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION.* (ESSAYS IN HONOUR OF HRM, OBA (DR.) FRANCIS ADEFARAKANMI AGBEDE. OFR, OLOWA OF IGBARA-OKE.
- VENO tv: Revealed! What You Don't Known About Comrade Prince Ayodele Adewale
- VENO NEWS:Murder Of Ecuador Presidential Candidate Fulfils Primate Ayodele’s Prophecy
- VENO tv CHIEF.MRS.FAMOSE:GLOWING TRIBUTE TO ICONIC MUMMY ON HER 98TH BIRTHDAY By Sunday Ade Ojo
Page 1 of 26 [Next] [Last Page]