In furtherance of its leading role in promoting the socio-economic inclusion of women in society, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s premier and leading financial inclusion services provider, has announced its dedication of the month of March to the celebration of women across the world, as it commemorates the globally celebrated International Women’s Day, scheduled for 8 March 2023.
Kicking off the series of internal and activities designed to celebrate women is The First Women Network (FWN), Mentoring, Coaching and Sponsorship Pillar Webinar scheduled to hold on Friday, 3 March 2023. The event is organized by the Bank’s First Women Network, an initiative that seeks to address the gender gap and increase the participation of women at all levels within the organisation.
On Wednesday, 8 March 2023, the Bank will join the rest of the world to celebrate the 2023 International Women’s Day themed: “Embrace Equity” as it convenes its International Women's Day 2023 event.
As a member of UN Women, FirstBank employs the relevant women empowerment tools including the Women Empowerment Principles (WEPs) Gender Gap Analysis Tool in the process of assessing its performance and provides progress reports that feeds into the WEPs performance indicators. FirstBank has a ratio of about 39%:61% female to men employees while 32% women in management driving a deliberate policy consistent with the WEPs - Equal Opportunity, Inclusion, and Nondiscrimination.
In line with this commitment, FirstBank is partnering with UN Women on 15 March 2023 and is set to play a key role in a scheduled event driven by UN Women that will showcase young women and men between the ages of 18-35 in Nigeria who are using technological innovations and tools to promote gender equality, women’s empowerment and inclusion. This is in line with the UN International Women’s Day theme for 2023 is “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality’’.
The conversation on ‘’Embrace Equity’’ as well as ‘’DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality’’ will be reinforced on Twitter Spaces with notable speakers including Foluso Gbadamosi, the Executive Director of Junior Achievement Nigeria.
Amongst the activities scheduled to round off the Women’s Month commemoration is the Bank’s support of the Heroism of Erelu Ota – a play which aligns with the Bank’s First@arts goal of supporting the arts and women. Heroism of Erelu Ota is an untold story of a legendary goddess in Ikorodu Kingdom who travels on the sea with a mat, and her ability to see what the enemies of Ikorodu are planning in their town, played a huge role in assisting the people of Ikorodu during the Agbala war.
Speaking ahead of the events, Folake Ani-Mumuney, Group Head, Marketing & Corporate Communications, FirstBank said that “we remain committed to diversity and inclusion as well as women empowerment through digital education and the provision of opportunities for women to access digital tools to bridge the gender digital divide and achieve gender equality. Therefore, as in previous years, FirstBank has dedicated March 2023 as a month set aside to celebrate women and all their remarkable achievements over the years which include their leadership roles and pace-setting standards in Science Technology Entrepreneurship, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM). We are deliberate about partnering to ensure more impact – ensuring that we touch as many women as possible in Women’s Month and beyond.’’
- VENO NEWS: The Nigerian Fashion Industry Is Doing Amazingly Well -- Adesola Esther Oyebode, CEO, Dessy Clothing Declares
- VENO NEWS:*Femi Gbajabiamila's Appointment; Reward For Competence, Commitment and Loyalty.*
- VENO NEWS:Upcoming Raw Talent, Emeka Davies Rates Wizkid High.... Set to drop new single tomorrow may 31 st
- VENO NEWS: CJPAN Felicitates With Gov.Sanwo-Olu,His Deputy, Hamzat As They Are Sworn in For Second Term
- VENO NEWS: CJPAN Congratulates Tinubu, Shettima Urges New President And His Vice To Remain Focused
- VENO NEWS: LAGOS GOVT, FIRST BANK PARTNER TO BOOST HEALTHCARE DELIVERY IN IJE-ODODO COMMUNITY …Over 10,000 residents to benefit from new primary healthcare centre
- VENO NEWS:I used the pastor for rítual after he came seeking for spíritual powers – Herbalist confesses
- VENO NEWS: OPINION: THE HORRIBLE CONDITION OF ABULE EGBA ROADS: I WEEP FOR NIGERIA BY F.E BAMIDURO
- VENO NEWS: OPINION:THE GOOD IN GOODBYE
- VENO NEWS: OPINION:THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA IS A SCAM
- VENO NEWS:Seun Kuti: Okotie Pleads With Police IG For Mercy
- VENO NEWS:Lagos CP Visits Okada Man Brutalised By Police Officers In Viral Video
- VENO NEWS: How NFF Is Utilizing Divine Instructions To Strengthen Nigeria’s Football
- VENO NEWS: Assault: I’ll Cooperate With Police, Says Seun Kuti As IG Orders His Arrest
- VENO NEWS:’My Prophecy On Tinubu, APC Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands’’ – Primate Ayodele Clears The Air
- VENO tv: Meet Barrister Esther Esther Chukwuemeka, the youngest Lawyer in Nigeria.
- VENO NEWS:Born By Mistake(BBM); I Killed My Mother, Slept With Her Corpse For 2 Nights Before Taking Out Her Vagina For Ritual- Yahoo Boy Confesses
- VENO NEWS: Prof Anionwu, The Igbo Woman At The Center Of King Charles Coronation
- VENO NEWS: 10th Speakership: Gandi Believes In Humanity, Unveils The Gagdi Plan Who is Hon. Yusuf Adamu Gagdi?
- VENO NEWS:LOOKING BACK, THERE WERE SEVERAL STRATEGIC ERRORS THAT PUT EKWEREMADU IN TROUBLE
Page 1 of 24 [Next] [Last Page]