Interim government campaigner, Rev Chris Okotie has warned Nigerians not to get carried away by the crowds they see at political rallies.
In his latest bulletin released from his media office in Lagos,by his media adviser, Ladi Ayodeji, Okotie said the presence of the mixed multitude at campaign rallies is no indication that a presidential candidate enjoys the support of the people.
Rev Okotie,who is promoting his Aboriginal Democracy agenda as an alternative to the current system of government, said crowd-renting is mainly responsible for the crowd we see at rallies, which is why we sometimes find same people at different rallies.
He explained that some people attend these rallies purely out of curiosity or to catch a glimpse of the political leaders or to be part of the action.
Speaking further on the 2023 election in interview with Kaftan TV's Funmilayo Osho -Kumolu, on the programme, Daybreak Africa,State of the Nation, the Reverend argued that Aboriginal Democracy is the only concept that could produce the change Nigeria needs, not an election as being pursued.
Okotie said:'Nigeria's second attempt at democracy has failed us as a nation.'
He insists that an interim government is required to fashion a new, effective constitution that would be acceptable to all the federating units, before a realistic election could be conducted.
'The present constitution is a unitary one and is inconsistent with our cultural realities being a product of retrogressive elements', he said.
Okotie concluded that those who are opposed to restructuring are benefiting from the current system of recycled leadership, which has produced the present economic stagnation.
- VENO NEWS:Primate Ayodele Visits Police Stations, FRSC Office In 17 Days Of Appreciation And Philanthropic Impact
- VENO NEWS:NAIRA SCARCITY: HEAVY PROTESTS HIT AGODI GATE, IBADAN. OYO STATE
- VENO NEWS:Primate Ayodele Begins 17 Days Of Appreciation & Philanthropic Impacts, Visits Sick People
- VENO NEWS: SODOMY:17-Year-Old Boy Jailed
- VENO NEWS: OPINION: Danger Signals From Tinubu’s Public Sleeping Bouts
- VENO NEWS:Portable Accuses Second Wife Of Infidelity, Leaks Chat With Alleged Lover
- VENO NEWS:The Synopsis Of Primate Ayodele’s Fulfilled Prophecy On Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition
- VENO NEWS: MOST SUPERIOR EVANGELIST ABRAHAM AJOSE JOINS THE SAINTS.
- VENO NEWS: FIRSTBANK CONVENES NIGERIA ECONOMIC OUTLOOK WEBINAR FOR 2023
- VENO NEWS:2023 Economic Survival Hangs On Restructuring -, Okotie
- VENO NEWS:How Nigerian Prophet, Primate Ayodele Foretold Death Of Gambia Vice President In 2023 Prophecies
- VENO NEWS:Lagos-Based Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem Buried, Amid Tears
- VENO NEWS:Final Countdown Commences for Wema Bank’s 5for5 Promo Season 2 Grand Finale
- VENO NEWS:ADEDUNTAN URGES BANKS TO IMPROVE LOAN MONITORING TO PREVENT NPLS’ BUILD-UP
- VENO NEWS: Lecturer Gives Birth To Septuplets In Anambra
- VENO NEWS: ADEDUNTAN: BANKS, CUSTOMERS MUST APPROACH 2023 WITH PARTNERSHIP MINDSET
- VENO NEWS:Kevin McCarthy Emergence As US Speaker: The Biggest Fulfilment Of Primate Ayodele’s Prophecy In 2023
- VENO NEWS: Presidential Election: Is Bola Tinubu Truly A Progressive? By Coker Onita
- VENO NEWS: Presidential Election: I have 17 millions Votes--- Prof Chris Imumolen boasts * The person that has the money will win-- Afe Babalola Declares
- VENO NEWS:WHY THE 2022 EDITION OF DECEMBERISSAVYBE BY FIRSTBANK WASN’T JUST ABOUT THE EXCITEMENT BUT MEMORIES
Page 1 of 21 [Next] [Last Page]