The Northern Leaders Consultative Forum hasendorsed Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The group comprises Christian and Muslim religious and political leaders in the north — including Yakubu Dogara, former speaker of the house of representatives.
The group endorsed Abubakar on Friday at a media conference in Abuja, following the adoption of a report by its technical criteria committee.
The report was presented by Simon Achuba, former deputy governor of Kogi state.
The group said after evaluation of all the presidential candidates, Abubakar is “the best”.
“It is evident that the All Progressives Congress (APC) is heading for implosion and extinction; hence, it cannot be the party for now and in the future, because of its rejection to embrace inclusiveness in a diverse country like Nigeria. After the 2023 elections, APC may be dead and buried as a political party,” the report reads.
“While the duo (NNPP and LP) may emerge as strong contenders in the political arena in the future, from all indications, PDP appears to be the best option to adopt and support.
“All it takes is to sustain and tackle some of the problems and challenges this country is facing.
“Certainly, with proper consultations and inclusive appointments, which is mindful of the federal character principle with a sincere consideration of diverse issues such as religious affiliation, geographical location, and ethnic identity, which many believe will enhance justice, fairness and equity, after a careful evaluation of all the issues highlighted above, we hereby recommend the adoption of the PDP to all lovers of democracy in Nigeria for the 2023 presidential election.”
The report was put to a voice vote by Dogara and was unanimously adopted by the members.
- VENO NEWS:Primate Ayodele Visits Police Stations, FRSC Office In 17 Days Of Appreciation And Philanthropic Impact
- VENO NEWS:NAIRA SCARCITY: HEAVY PROTESTS HIT AGODI GATE, IBADAN. OYO STATE
- VENO NEWS:Primate Ayodele Begins 17 Days Of Appreciation & Philanthropic Impacts, Visits Sick People
- VENO NEWS: SODOMY:17-Year-Old Boy Jailed
- VENO NEWS: OPINION: Danger Signals From Tinubu’s Public Sleeping Bouts
- VENO NEWS:Portable Accuses Second Wife Of Infidelity, Leaks Chat With Alleged Lover
- VENO NEWS:The Synopsis Of Primate Ayodele’s Fulfilled Prophecy On Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition
- VENO NEWS: MOST SUPERIOR EVANGELIST ABRAHAM AJOSE JOINS THE SAINTS.
- VENO NEWS: FIRSTBANK CONVENES NIGERIA ECONOMIC OUTLOOK WEBINAR FOR 2023
- VENO NEWS:2023 Economic Survival Hangs On Restructuring -, Okotie
- VENO NEWS:How Nigerian Prophet, Primate Ayodele Foretold Death Of Gambia Vice President In 2023 Prophecies
- VENO NEWS:Lagos-Based Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem Buried, Amid Tears
- VENO NEWS:Final Countdown Commences for Wema Bank’s 5for5 Promo Season 2 Grand Finale
- VENO NEWS:ADEDUNTAN URGES BANKS TO IMPROVE LOAN MONITORING TO PREVENT NPLS’ BUILD-UP
- VENO NEWS: Lecturer Gives Birth To Septuplets In Anambra
- VENO NEWS: ADEDUNTAN: BANKS, CUSTOMERS MUST APPROACH 2023 WITH PARTNERSHIP MINDSET
- VENO NEWS:Kevin McCarthy Emergence As US Speaker: The Biggest Fulfilment Of Primate Ayodele’s Prophecy In 2023
- VENO NEWS: Presidential Election: Is Bola Tinubu Truly A Progressive? By Coker Onita
- VENO NEWS: Presidential Election: I have 17 millions Votes--- Prof Chris Imumolen boasts * The person that has the money will win-- Afe Babalola Declares
- VENO NEWS:WHY THE 2022 EDITION OF DECEMBERISSAVYBE BY FIRSTBANK WASN’T JUST ABOUT THE EXCITEMENT BUT MEMORIES
Page 1 of 21 [Next] [Last Page]