Atiku Abubakar with Dangote, Jim & Bukola Saraki.
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party and former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar held an interactive session with leaders of corporate Nigeria, reinstating the position that his blueprint is most suited for the socio-economic and political recovery of the country.
The meeting, which was held in Lagos on Saturday, was attended by prominent leaders of corporate Nigeria, including Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Jim Ovia, Oba Otudeko, Aig Imoukhuede, among others.
The interactive session, which took the form of panel discussion, included Atiku’s running mate and Delta State governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa.
The session, which was moderated by popular financial expert, Tilewa Adebajo, focused on six thematic topics including security, fiscal and monetary matters, power, oil and gas, infrastructure and manufacturing.
Atiku in his opening remarks at the event noted that, “there are facts about the current state of our economy that should dictate to us whether we should continue with the present reality or move far away from it.
“The first is the Nationality Bureau of Statistics data which continuously shows that we are declining in critical sectors of the productive areas of the economy.
“The second is the report that 133 million Nigerians are multi-dimensionally poor which means that more than 60 percent of our people are not just poor, but equally lack access to education and good healthcare.”
Atiku noted that his engagement with the private sector is to forge partnership with corporate leaders and seek their intervention in reversing the trend.
“These facts are the reasons why we are engaging with the private sector today, and it is an engagement that seeks a partnership with the private sector to create more jobs and their intervention,” Atiku remarked.
The chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Council and governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Emmanuel Udom, also in his remarks said that, “it is good that we have the business community to listen to our candidate live and hear from him how he plans to recover Nigeria from lost grounds and make the country bounce back.”
On the issue of security, Atiku said that his proposal will have a two-pronged approach on the issue.
“The first approach will be to expand the numbers of security personnel, train and equip them to restore law and order.
“In the medium range, we intend to involve state governments that are willing and can afford to have state police to do so.
“This will require constitutional reviews and we must also secure safeguards that will ensure that those state police institutions are not abused.”
Responding to the issue of security around oil and gas installations, Atiku referred the question to his running mate, Okowa, who he acknowledges has done very well in security installations in his state and making Delta State, the highest oil producing state in the country.
The PDP Vice Presidential candidate noted that it is important to carry the communities along in any security apparatus that is being considered.
“On the issue of security around oil installations, it is important that we understand what the issues are and those issues have to be situated properly.
“The engagement with the local communities is very important and while doing that, we don’t leave those communities behind in terms of infrastructure and development, which creates hope and partnership with them,” Okowa said.
On the fiscal and monetary regulation, Atiku promises a convergence of the foreign exchange market, ensure price stability and promote trade deals that will inject more foreign exchange to the economy, as well as ensuring the independence of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
On power, he noted that his administration will pursue short, medium and long term projections in the power sector.
- VENO NEWS:Primate Ayodele Visits Police Stations, FRSC Office In 17 Days Of Appreciation And Philanthropic Impact
- VENO NEWS:NAIRA SCARCITY: HEAVY PROTESTS HIT AGODI GATE, IBADAN. OYO STATE
- VENO NEWS:Primate Ayodele Begins 17 Days Of Appreciation & Philanthropic Impacts, Visits Sick People
- VENO NEWS: SODOMY:17-Year-Old Boy Jailed
- VENO NEWS: OPINION: Danger Signals From Tinubu’s Public Sleeping Bouts
- VENO NEWS:Portable Accuses Second Wife Of Infidelity, Leaks Chat With Alleged Lover
- VENO NEWS:The Synopsis Of Primate Ayodele’s Fulfilled Prophecy On Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition
- VENO NEWS: MOST SUPERIOR EVANGELIST ABRAHAM AJOSE JOINS THE SAINTS.
- VENO NEWS: FIRSTBANK CONVENES NIGERIA ECONOMIC OUTLOOK WEBINAR FOR 2023
- VENO NEWS:2023 Economic Survival Hangs On Restructuring -, Okotie
- VENO NEWS:How Nigerian Prophet, Primate Ayodele Foretold Death Of Gambia Vice President In 2023 Prophecies
- VENO NEWS:Lagos-Based Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem Buried, Amid Tears
- VENO NEWS:Final Countdown Commences for Wema Bank’s 5for5 Promo Season 2 Grand Finale
- VENO NEWS:ADEDUNTAN URGES BANKS TO IMPROVE LOAN MONITORING TO PREVENT NPLS’ BUILD-UP
- VENO NEWS: Lecturer Gives Birth To Septuplets In Anambra
- VENO NEWS: ADEDUNTAN: BANKS, CUSTOMERS MUST APPROACH 2023 WITH PARTNERSHIP MINDSET
- VENO NEWS:Kevin McCarthy Emergence As US Speaker: The Biggest Fulfilment Of Primate Ayodele’s Prophecy In 2023
- VENO NEWS: Presidential Election: Is Bola Tinubu Truly A Progressive? By Coker Onita
- VENO NEWS: Presidential Election: I have 17 millions Votes--- Prof Chris Imumolen boasts * The person that has the money will win-- Afe Babalola Declares
- VENO NEWS:WHY THE 2022 EDITION OF DECEMBERISSAVYBE BY FIRSTBANK WASN’T JUST ABOUT THE EXCITEMENT BUT MEMORIES
Page 1 of 21 [Next] [Last Page]