To err is human... Everybody makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. To be perfect is divine... The United Kingdom prime minister, now former (she unfortunately throws in the towel earlier today), LIZ TRUSS was barely SIX WEEKS old on the job of her premiership after going through a long process to succeed the erratic and unpredictable BOJO early last month.
She did promise to hit the ground running without delay and in fairness, the embattled lady had lived up to the promise but not without controversies. Her tax-cut plans or financial strategy had put her in hot soup following a series of u-turns and the unexpected sacking of the former finance secretary, Kwasi Kwartang of African descent (proudly Ghanaian).
The unpopular tax saga had plunged the British economy into chaos/crisis with markets reacting negatively and pound sterling slightly devalued/nosedived. Only Economists would understand the story much better. Truss had a new finance minister or chancellor in the person of Jeremy Hunt, a former cabinet minister and contender for the exalted post of PM. Is he trustworthy? Quite doubtful! Several Tory MPs and the opposition openly called for the ex-PM to resign. How original! They pretend to be saints.
The biting inflation right now is global, caused by the pandemic and the brainless Russian war in Ukraine. Every part of the world (except for China perhaps) is impacted/affected. There are protests here and there against the high cost of living around the globe. Nothing lasts forever...
Criticism is easy. Liz Truss did apologise for the mistakes she made saying she went "too far and too fast" with fiscal plans. She will lead the party into the general election despite rumours of a rebellion growing within the Tory ranks, according to her. Sadly, that may happen in her dreams in that the soft-spoken lady has given in to pressure and resigned.
Life is unpredictable indeed. The news of her resignation was/is shocking. Positively shocking! Why was she not given more time to prove herself? Something is terribly wrong with the Conservative MPs. The party has become a laughing stock and so is the country as a whole. They need to put their house in order.
The ugly/arrogant foreign minister of Russia was the first person to welcome the departure of Truss, saying the UK has never experienced such a disgraced PM. His reason is not far-fetched - the lady's unwavering support for Ukraine. To the gorilla-like man, the president of Belarus is not a disgracel. Idiot! Many world leaders have expressed sympathy for Truss.
Rebellion is everywhere and part of human nature. Liz Truss did admit she made mistakes and was apologetic. She is human, not perfect and therefore should have been given the chance to succeed. Sympathy for her! Those 'yeye' rebels have shut up now. They should have wasted their energy on something worthwhile and be ashamed of themselves. A bunch of lying hypocrites/racists! Apparently, they were and are still angry at the appointments of the people of colour to top positions by Truss.
Mistake increases experience. Experience decreases mistake. If you learn from your mistake, people would learn from you. Anyone who apologises for making mistakes and not playing the blame game is honest and trustworthy. It is never too late to say sorry!
Liz Truss, the honestly honest lady and the shortest-serving prime minister in British history, is no longer the PM of Britain. The late Queen would be turning in her grave at the shocking/sad news. Again, Truss is human. Good luck in her future endeavours and more power to her elbow. No interest in whoever succeeds the likeable woman. The story continues... Peace!
- VENO NEWS: FIRSTBANK, OTHERS PARTNER WITH JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT ON AFRICA’S LARGEST HIGH SCHOOL ENTREPRENEURSHIP COMPETITION
- VENO NEWS Don't Be Carried Away By Rallies -Okotie Warns
- VENO NEWS: EXPOSED! FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ADO EKITI's MANAGEMENT TEAM IN ALLEGED FRAUD SCANDAL, DRAGGED TO SPECIAL FRAUD UNIT, RELEASED!
- VENO NEWS:Behold The Newly Fulfilled Prophecies Of Primate Elijah Ayodele
- VENO NEWS: Yes! Time To Recover Nigeria: ‘He’s The Best Option’ — Dogara, Northern Religious Leaders Endorse Atiku
- VENO NEWS:GENESIS GLOBAL HOLDS 2022 ANNUAL HARVEST TAGGED HARVEST OF STRANGE MERCY
- VENO NEWS: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Atiku Abubakar Meets With Aliko Dangote, Jim Ovia, Other Private Sector Leaders.
- VENO NEWS: Okotie: The Face Of Restructuring By Ladi Ayodeji VENO NEWS: Okotie: The Face Of Restructuring By Ladi Ayodeji
- VENO NEWS: THE 61ST FIRSTBANK LAGOS AMATEUR OPEN GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP TEES OFF THIS FRIDAY
- VENO NEWS: Two Years After: WIFE Of late Trado-medical Practitioner, Oko Oloyun Remarries
- VENO NEWS:FBNBANK UK STANDS TALL AT 40, APPRECIATES ITS CUSTOMERS AND REGULATORS
- VENO NEWS: Weekend Delight: If Your Motivational Force Believes In You, Your Success is Fully Guaranteed. Godday Odidi
- VENO NEWS: PCC Chairman, Otunba Kunle Folarin Is Dead
- VENO NEWS: FRSC DOES NOT USE POINT OF SALE (POS) MACHINES NOR RECEIVE PAYMENT FOR FINES FOR TRAFFIC OFFENCES BOOKED ON PATROL POINTS
- VENO NEWS: BUHARI CONGRATULATES FBN ON 40 YEARS OF CROSS - BORDER BANKING IN UK
- VENO NEWS: Okotie Faults Presidential Candidates' Campaign Promises
- VENO NEWS:FIRSTBANK SPONSORS FIFTH CHUKKER AFRICAN PATRONS CUP POLO TOURNAMENT
- VENO NEWS: Okotie To Buhari: Restructuring Will Be Your Greatest Legacy
- VENO NEWS: Primate Ayodele, Dr. Ayodele, Pastor Bamiduro, Olukere Back Veno Praise Night
- VENO NEWS:Lessons From Truss' Resignation -Okotie
Page 1 of 19 [Next] [Last Page]