The FirstBank CR&S Week is a dedicated week designed to offer opportunities for employees to give their time & resources to defined causes in line with the Bank’s CR&S strategic approach;The FirstBank CR&S Week is held in Nigeria and 7 other countries: United Kingdom, Ghana, DRC, Guinea, Sierra Lone, Senegal and Gambia;Since its maiden edition in 2017, the FirstBank CR&S week in 2017 is fast becoming a household name in the Bank's host economies. In furtherance of its continued commitment to impacting the lives of individuals in its host communities across 7 Countries: Nigeria, United Kingdom, Ghana, DRC, Guinea, Sierra Lone, Senegal and Gambia. First Bank of Nigeria Limited has announced the Fifth edition of its Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) week, scheduled for 22- 27 August 2022. The event which is themed: “Kindness…. A Way of Life” reflects the single-minded purpose to make a difference in the world by inspiring and institutionalising kindness. SPARK is an acronym for Start Performing Acts of Random Kindness and it is a values-based initiative designed to raise consciousness that we can choose to be kind.The FirstBank CR&S Week is a dedicated week designed to offer opportunities for employees to give their time & resources to defined causes in line with the Bank’s CR&S strategic approach. The CR&S Week will offer employees opportunities to give their time & resources to defined causes. The Week’s activities are an aspect of the Bank’s Employee Giving & Volunteering Program, which was instituted to encourage employees to give back to the community as well as inculcate in them the integral corporate culture of giving.The Bank held the maiden edition of the CR&S week in 2017 with a focus mainly on three key initiatives/activities which were giving and visits to orphanages/less privileged homes/IDPs; career counselling day; and Staff Promoting Acts of Random Kindness (SPARK) initiative – which is now Start Performing Acts of Random Kindness. The CR&S week has become more successful in subsequent years and it is fast becoming a household name in the Bank's host economies. There are five main activities to be implemented during this year’s CR&S Week in Nigeria, FBNBank UK and across the SSA markets. These activities include SPARK APP, Kind Comments Day, Visits to orphanage/less privileged homes, SPARK School Engagement, and Women Economic Empowerment. The major highlight of the Week will be the launch of the SPARK APP. The app is strategic in the Bank's journey to institutionalize “A Day of Kindness” on a national level, and globally position the Bank as a Corporate Citizen in leveraging new media to drive sustainability practices.The SPARK App is a sensational application designed to have individuals abreast with the act of kindness through various kindness-based quotes and inspirational phrases that will be displayed on one’s phone screen, especially when the phone is idle.Kind Comments Day is an initiative that focuses on inspiring and encouraging everyone to be deliberate with the use of kind words in relating or interacting with anyone.In addition, with Women Empowerment, the Bank will support, VVF patients in need of surgical operations and also empower them with vocational skills as they integrate back into the society.The SPARK Schools Engagement will be implemented through the National Competition of JAN SPARK School Integration. The activity is aimed at rewarding the various participating students, following their SPARK activity, Through the partnership with JAN, SPARK is integrated into the JAN Company Program, where students are taught the values of SPARK. The SPARK schools’ competition has been tied with Company programme regional competition,ensuring they imbibed the values taught during the training. One of the highlights of the event is the visit to orphanage homes and the less privileged, across various cities which will be carried out by volunteers from the Bank.Speaking on the week, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan, CEO, FirstBank said “The CR&S Week is another opportunity to strengthen our commitment and extend our reach beyond the communities where we operate in Nigeria and across our subsidiaries. Over time, our goal has stayed the same, to create platforms through which our positive impact is felt.”“For us in the FirstBank Group, beyond saying that we care, we take a step further and show it,” he concluded. Through the years of commemorating its annual CR&S Week, FirstBank has impacted lives across its host communities in Nigeria, the United Kingdom and its SSA subsidiaries. These impacts comprise the partnership with Lagos State Government on the provision of a Primary Health Centre at Ijedodo Community, Lagos State; engagements with over 60 charities, Non-governmental organisations, orphanages, correctional centres, schools and Internally Displayed Persons (IDP) Camps which resulted in touching the lives of over 20,000 underprivileged individuals in the society including widows, orphans and children with disabilities.
- VENO NEWS: FIRSTBANK, OTHERS PARTNER WITH JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT ON AFRICA’S LARGEST HIGH SCHOOL ENTREPRENEURSHIP COMPETITION
- VENO NEWS Don't Be Carried Away By Rallies -Okotie Warns
- VENO NEWS: EXPOSED! FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ADO EKITI's MANAGEMENT TEAM IN ALLEGED FRAUD SCANDAL, DRAGGED TO SPECIAL FRAUD UNIT, RELEASED!
- VENO NEWS:Behold The Newly Fulfilled Prophecies Of Primate Elijah Ayodele
- VENO NEWS: Yes! Time To Recover Nigeria: ‘He’s The Best Option’ — Dogara, Northern Religious Leaders Endorse Atiku
- VENO NEWS:GENESIS GLOBAL HOLDS 2022 ANNUAL HARVEST TAGGED HARVEST OF STRANGE MERCY
- VENO NEWS: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Atiku Abubakar Meets With Aliko Dangote, Jim Ovia, Other Private Sector Leaders.
- VENO NEWS: Okotie: The Face Of Restructuring By Ladi Ayodeji VENO NEWS: Okotie: The Face Of Restructuring By Ladi Ayodeji
- VENO NEWS: THE 61ST FIRSTBANK LAGOS AMATEUR OPEN GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP TEES OFF THIS FRIDAY
- VENO NEWS: Two Years After: WIFE Of late Trado-medical Practitioner, Oko Oloyun Remarries
- VENO NEWS:FBNBANK UK STANDS TALL AT 40, APPRECIATES ITS CUSTOMERS AND REGULATORS
- VENO NEWS: Weekend Delight: If Your Motivational Force Believes In You, Your Success is Fully Guaranteed. Godday Odidi
- VENO NEWS: PCC Chairman, Otunba Kunle Folarin Is Dead
- VENO NEWS: FRSC DOES NOT USE POINT OF SALE (POS) MACHINES NOR RECEIVE PAYMENT FOR FINES FOR TRAFFIC OFFENCES BOOKED ON PATROL POINTS
- VENO NEWS: BUHARI CONGRATULATES FBN ON 40 YEARS OF CROSS - BORDER BANKING IN UK
- VENO NEWS: Okotie Faults Presidential Candidates' Campaign Promises
- VENO NEWS:FIRSTBANK SPONSORS FIFTH CHUKKER AFRICAN PATRONS CUP POLO TOURNAMENT
- VENO NEWS: Okotie To Buhari: Restructuring Will Be Your Greatest Legacy
- VENO NEWS: Primate Ayodele, Dr. Ayodele, Pastor Bamiduro, Olukere Back Veno Praise Night
- VENO NEWS:Lessons From Truss' Resignation -Okotie
Page 1 of 19 [Next] [Last Page]