Mr. Bello Hassan, Managing Director, Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) has said that all Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) in Nigeria, including Polaris Bank, are safe and sound.
Hassan clarified the sideline of a three-day Capacity Building Workshop organized by the Legal Department of NDIC, for law enforcement agencies at BWC Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos, on Wednesday.
He also said that Polaris Bank was not sold as reported by some media recently.
It was reported that the event had, “Effective Investigation and Prosecution of Banking Malpractices that Led to Failure of Banks’’, as its theme.
“All banks that are operating within the country are sound in as much as their licenses have not been revoked.
“If there is a problem, the regulator that issues the license will be the one to revoke the license.
“In as much as the license is not revoked, you’re free to continue to bank with the institution; it means it is safe,’’ Hassan said.
The NDIC boss also explained that the corporation usually carried out stress tests on banks every month, to ascertain their financial soundness.
He said: “The Central Bank also does stress testing, and so do we in NDIC. We do it every month to ascertain the financial soundness of those banks and we see no red line.
“When we talk of key financial soundness indicators, we are talking about the capital adequacy and liquidity and the quality of the assets.
“Those two solid financial soundness indicators that you use to gauge the safety and soundness of these institutions are robust.
“So, based on that, the banks are safe and sound; continue to bank with them.’’
Recall that the management of Polaris Bank recently discredited the report on the purported sale of the bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to private individuals for N40 billion.
- VENO NEWS:Mixed Reactions As Woman Dies While Chasing Husband, Mistress
- VENO NEWS: History of a warrior named ARO. Ilaro is a town in Ogun State, Nigeria.
- VENO NEWS:UNGA77: Muhammad Sanusi II Advocates Deliberate Policy Of Inclusivity, Gender Representation In Govt
- VENO NEWS:Prophet Genesis Commiserates With Sifax Boss, Taiwo Afolabi Over Twin Brother Kehinde's Death
- VENO NEWS: Gov Akeredolu's Mother Dies @ 90
- VENO NEWS: FIRSTBANK: THE EMBODIMENT OF CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY AND SUSTAINABILITY
- VENO NEWS:AVOID ANY FORM OF POLITICAL PARTICIPATION OR PILOTING OF POLITICAL CONVOYS , ACTING CORPS MARSHAL CHARGES COMMANDING OFFICERS
- VENO NEWS:Okotie: Why Fringe Parties Can't Win Presidential Election, Mourns Queen Elizabeth
- VENO NEWS: Quincy Receives FG’s Recognition Award, Calls On National Assembly To Fast-Track Passage Of Traditional Medicine Bill
- VENO NEWS:"Police Locate Family Of Man, John Aderemi ABIOLA, Whose Skeleton Was Discovered In his three bedroom flat in Idi Orogbo Apete IBADAN.
- VENO NEWS: VENO Mourns Queen Elizabeth !!
- VENO NEWS: OPINION: THE PEACEFUL DEATH OF QUEEN ELIZABETH II By Sunday Ade Ojo
- VENO NEWS: FIRSTBANK HOSTS THE FINANCIAL MARKET DEALERS ASSOCIATION (FMDA) QUARTERLY MEETING
- VENO NEWS:British Monarch Passes Away At 96 *Queen Elizabeth II spent 70 years on the throne *As Prince Charles succeeds Queen Elizabeth as king
- VENO NEWS:2023: Okotie's Challenge To Presidential Candidates
- VENO NEWS: OPINION: TRIBUTE TO A HERO! By Sunday Ade Ojo
- VENO NEWS: Olukere Receives VENO Recognition Award
- VENO NEWS: MC Oluomo Unveils New Uniform For Lagos Drivers
- VENO NEWS: FirstBank commemorates its annual Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability week and promotes kindness across over 7 countries
- VENO NEWS:Okotie Rues Transition Without Restructuring
Page 1 of 17 [Next] [Last Page]