The woman in African attire with a head tie is Dame Elizabeth Nneka Anionwu, an inspiring woman. She's a Professor of Nursing at the University of West London.
She came to look for her biological father in Nigeria at her adult age. She grew up being abused as a young woman by her white stepfather, married to her white mother. She was put in a care home, and she achieved success.
She met her father at a later age. Her father was Lawrence Anionwu, the first permanent secretary of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the First Ambassador to Italy. Despite that, she was placed in care, and her stepfather abused her because of her colour. She is proudly a Professor Emeritus, Dame, and CBE. She is always proud to be associated with Igbo.
Yesterday at King Charles' coronation, she was nominated to carry the king's gold orb. She is an accomplished Professor Emeritus.
The Sovereign's Orb, originally commissioned from royal goldsmith Robert Vyner for the 1661 coronation of King Charles II, the Sovereign's Orb represents the monarch's power. The spherical shape and the cross topper is meant to symbolize a Christian world, while the three sections divided by bejeweled bands symbolize the three known continents during the medieval era.
The Orb, made from a hollow gold globe, features several precious gemstones, including rose-cut diamonds, an octagonal step-cut amethyst, a table-cut sapphire, as well as clusters of emeralds, rubies, sapphires, and pearls.
Nneka was invested dame by Queen Elizabeth. She was the first sickle cell nurse specialist in the UK and spent her life working with black and minority ethnic communities.
She carried the Orb at the King's coronation and was spotted wearing a very lovely turquoise Nigerian outfit of blue lace shirt and skirt and a white ulari.
She also wears a lot of igbo attire and wore it as her investiture.
- VENO NEWS: The Nigerian Fashion Industry Is Doing Amazingly Well -- Adesola Esther Oyebode, CEO, Dessy Clothing Declares
- VENO NEWS:*Femi Gbajabiamila's Appointment; Reward For Competence, Commitment and Loyalty.*
- VENO NEWS:Upcoming Raw Talent, Emeka Davies Rates Wizkid High.... Set to drop new single tomorrow may 31 st
- VENO NEWS: CJPAN Felicitates With Gov.Sanwo-Olu,His Deputy, Hamzat As They Are Sworn in For Second Term
- VENO NEWS: CJPAN Congratulates Tinubu, Shettima Urges New President And His Vice To Remain Focused
- VENO NEWS: LAGOS GOVT, FIRST BANK PARTNER TO BOOST HEALTHCARE DELIVERY IN IJE-ODODO COMMUNITY …Over 10,000 residents to benefit from new primary healthcare centre
- VENO NEWS:I used the pastor for rítual after he came seeking for spíritual powers – Herbalist confesses
- VENO NEWS: OPINION: THE HORRIBLE CONDITION OF ABULE EGBA ROADS: I WEEP FOR NIGERIA BY F.E BAMIDURO
- VENO NEWS: OPINION:THE GOOD IN GOODBYE
- VENO NEWS: OPINION:THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA IS A SCAM
- VENO NEWS:Seun Kuti: Okotie Pleads With Police IG For Mercy
- VENO NEWS:Lagos CP Visits Okada Man Brutalised By Police Officers In Viral Video
- VENO NEWS: How NFF Is Utilizing Divine Instructions To Strengthen Nigeria’s Football
- VENO NEWS: Assault: I’ll Cooperate With Police, Says Seun Kuti As IG Orders His Arrest
- VENO NEWS:’My Prophecy On Tinubu, APC Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands’’ – Primate Ayodele Clears The Air
- VENO tv: Meet Barrister Esther Esther Chukwuemeka, the youngest Lawyer in Nigeria.
- VENO NEWS:Born By Mistake(BBM); I Killed My Mother, Slept With Her Corpse For 2 Nights Before Taking Out Her Vagina For Ritual- Yahoo Boy Confesses
- VENO NEWS: Prof Anionwu, The Igbo Woman At The Center Of King Charles Coronation
- VENO NEWS: 10th Speakership: Gandi Believes In Humanity, Unveils The Gagdi Plan Who is Hon. Yusuf Adamu Gagdi?
- VENO NEWS:LOOKING BACK, THERE WERE SEVERAL STRATEGIC ERRORS THAT PUT EKWEREMADU IN TROUBLE
Page 1 of 24 [Next] [Last Page]