In this encounter with the workhaolic and energetic Adesola Esther Oyebode, the brain- behind an exquisite Dessy Clothing speaks on fashion industry, what makes her outfit unique and others.Excerpt
Q: Who is Adesola Esther Oyebode?
A: Adesola Esther Oyebode is the first child in a family of four siblings. She is the Creative Director of Dessy Clothing and Business Enterprises Lagos- Nigeria. Dessy is registered under the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in 2019.
She's a graduate of Economics and an Alumna of the prestigious Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, Nigeria. She is a member of the Meta Boost Leaders Network, Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), a Volunteer and member of Board of Trustees at Save Her Teen Foundation Lagos-Nigeria(NGO) . A Creative Alumni of the Assembly Hub ; British Council, as well as the winner of the Octo5 Biz grant, ABN startup Network Grind, Youth Entrepreneurship Dialogue Pitching Competition, Project Enable Africa, Flourish Africa and the Iyadunni Women Empowerment Foundation.
Q: What inform your clothing business?
A: Right from my childhood, I have had passion for colours, mixing of colours and placement of colours as they go to beautiful stuffs. It became so evident that as a growing child, my family members and people around were able to authenticate this gift in me by asking me to evaluate their dress ups and how the colours goes together. So, my love for fashion, how good and presentable you looked becomes a way of life. So, I have always loved fashion ever since I was a child. With time, I learnt how to make and sew my own clothes from a neigbour who who was a tailor because immediately after the school hours, I goes to her shop to help her do one thing or the other and from there I started little by little to sew on the machines.
It later dawn on me to begin to figure out the various fashion/clothing lifestyles or wardrobe struggles of people and the challenges faced by them differently. For example, the physically challenged people, the celebrities, the rich, the average and people in general.
Q: What has been the challenges in the industry?
The competition in the fashion industry had become so high and the trends in the industry had consumed everyone and everywhere interglobally that you just need to be at the top of your game and move with the trend. You just have to do something unique to be able to stand out.
Q: Who is your role model?
A:Mai Atafo. The label is known for its clean cuts and impeccable fit whilst paying painstaking attention to the minute details and ensuring that every single element of each piece is created with love and expertise.
Q:What really making your outfit unique?
Inclusive clothing. The Nigerian fashion industry is doing amazingly well but how many Nigerian fashion brands include persons with disabilities, celebrities, average persons and etcetera in their designing thinking? I was able to identity this vacuum and ensure that everyone is well included. For example, the physically challenged persons, in my designing thinking makes clothings which are easy to wear and pull off with special features.
We sew for everyone according to their specifications and customised values, with all specialties inclusive.
Q:Message to your numerous clients.
A: Dessy Clothing is always here to serve you better as it had always done. I believed that we are both joining our hands together to take fashion and clothing to the next best Chapter ever! Thank you all for always trusting us to give the best fashion designation and signage.
- VENO NEWS: The Nigerian Fashion Industry Is Doing Amazingly Well -- Adesola Esther Oyebode, CEO, Dessy Clothing Declares
- VENO NEWS:*Femi Gbajabiamila's Appointment; Reward For Competence, Commitment and Loyalty.*
- VENO NEWS:Upcoming Raw Talent, Emeka Davies Rates Wizkid High.... Set to drop new single tomorrow may 31 st
- VENO NEWS: CJPAN Felicitates With Gov.Sanwo-Olu,His Deputy, Hamzat As They Are Sworn in For Second Term
- VENO NEWS: CJPAN Congratulates Tinubu, Shettima Urges New President And His Vice To Remain Focused
- VENO NEWS: LAGOS GOVT, FIRST BANK PARTNER TO BOOST HEALTHCARE DELIVERY IN IJE-ODODO COMMUNITY …Over 10,000 residents to benefit from new primary healthcare centre
- VENO NEWS:I used the pastor for rítual after he came seeking for spíritual powers – Herbalist confesses
- VENO NEWS: OPINION: THE HORRIBLE CONDITION OF ABULE EGBA ROADS: I WEEP FOR NIGERIA BY F.E BAMIDURO
- VENO NEWS: OPINION:THE GOOD IN GOODBYE
- VENO NEWS: OPINION:THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA IS A SCAM
- VENO NEWS:Seun Kuti: Okotie Pleads With Police IG For Mercy
- VENO NEWS:Lagos CP Visits Okada Man Brutalised By Police Officers In Viral Video
- VENO NEWS: How NFF Is Utilizing Divine Instructions To Strengthen Nigeria’s Football
- VENO NEWS: Assault: I’ll Cooperate With Police, Says Seun Kuti As IG Orders His Arrest
- VENO NEWS:’My Prophecy On Tinubu, APC Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands’’ – Primate Ayodele Clears The Air
- VENO tv: Meet Barrister Esther Esther Chukwuemeka, the youngest Lawyer in Nigeria.
- VENO NEWS:Born By Mistake(BBM); I Killed My Mother, Slept With Her Corpse For 2 Nights Before Taking Out Her Vagina For Ritual- Yahoo Boy Confesses
- VENO NEWS: Prof Anionwu, The Igbo Woman At The Center Of King Charles Coronation
- VENO NEWS: 10th Speakership: Gandi Believes In Humanity, Unveils The Gagdi Plan Who is Hon. Yusuf Adamu Gagdi?
- VENO NEWS:LOOKING BACK, THERE WERE SEVERAL STRATEGIC ERRORS THAT PUT EKWEREMADU IN TROUBLE
Page 1 of 24 [Next] [Last Page]